Babou’s campsite will be closed from the 25th of October. Next year, on the first of April 2018, we will be open again! See you next year!
Welcome! Babou’s campsite is situated in the garden behind our house where we have around 6000 square metres available for tents and campers. We have 14 electricity points, each of 4 ampere. You can choose where you want to pitch your tent or place your camper. You can also make use of our hammocks to sit back and relax or make a fire at one of the fire places
The bathrooms are located in the old barn, which we renovated from the inside. At one kilometer distance there are two very small shops where you can buy some basic products. Also there are two local village bars but no restaurant. For your bigger shopping or eating out, the nearest options are in Ocna Șugatag (8 km.) of Sighetu Marmaţiei (25 km.)
We have a tent for rent -for a minimum stay of two nights-. In the tent, which is meant for one or two persons, you will find a double matras and bed linen. If you hire the tent, you can use the kitchen in the hostel and of course the bathrooms. From your tent you’ll have a great view over the mountains!
Our access road: The last 900 metres through the village are on an unpaved road, which means the road is covered with gravel and small stones. For cars, this is no problem, we drive here every day. Small campers and caravans also can reach our campsite, although we advise you to slow down your speed to a minimum. After all, it are only 900 metres. Unfortunately the road is not suited for caravans larger than 5,5 metres and campers larger than 6 metres.
- Free internet connection through Wi-Fi.
- Pets are allowed only when leashed on.
- It is not possible to make a reservation for our campsite. Our busiest period is between 20 July and 10 August. In that period the possibility exists that we are full and can’t accept any new guests. So if possible, it is best to schedule a visit before or after this period.
- At our campsite it is unfortunately not possible to empty your chemical toilet, because Breb is not connected to a sewer system and therefore we make use of a septic tank.
- NOTE: According to the Romanian law, the payment must be in Romanian Lei (RON).
Contact +40(0)362402558 or +40(0)768397339
Address: Breb 149 437206 Breb Maramureș Romania